The new BlackBerry Motion was announced several months ago in October 2017, but only recently pushed to the US market. At CES 2018, BlackBerry announced that it would be shipping starting January 12th to US buyers. You can get the device through Amazon or Best Buy factory unlocked, making it contract-free. It will run you a nice $449, however.

It ships with Android Nougat but BlackBerry says an update for Android Oreo will be made available in Q2 this year. The phone features a nicely sized 4000mAh battery, and a 5.5" 1080p display. For processing, it is built with a Snapdragon 625. The enclosure is a quality aluminum frame with a plastic back, and features scratch-resistant glass. The device is also equipped with fast charging (Quick Charge 3.0) which can theoretically charge the device to 80% capacity in around 35 minutes. The remaining 20%, however, will typically take much longer even though it's a much smaller portion of the battery.

BlackBerry also announced a refreshed model of the KeyOne that will be released packed with RAM (4GB), more storage, as well as dual SIM slots. It's difficult to make an exact comparison of the BlackBerry Motion and KeyOne right now, but hopefully not too far in the future we'll be able to do just that.

What do you think about the BlackBerry Motion? Is it a worthy BlackBerry device? Tell us what you think in the comments below!

via Android Police

We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.