Developer francisfranco, the creator of "FrankoKernel", has been working to bring it to OnePlus phones. The developer created two versions: one (r17) is for Android 8.0.0 OxygenOS Open Beta 2, the other (r18) is for Android 8.1.0 Custom ROMs.
A Kernel is typically the centrepiece of an Operating System, handling both memory and CPU. The kernel is a vital piece of the OS and dictates all operations. The FrancoKernel allows users a deep level of customization, at the "root" of the OS. This means a user can control various tasks, including the tweaking of CPU cores frequencies and changing voltage.
The official changelog directly from the developer:
r20 - January 25th, 2018
- Fixed an issue which could cause problems with time
- Fixed an issue with max brightness on the 5T
- Merged some commits from the Pixel 2
- Updated performance profiles
r19 - January 24th, 2018
- Merged 4.4.113
- Merged the latest CAF tag
- Small WiFi driver update
r18 - January 20th, 2018
- Just a bunch of important fixes
r17 - January 18th, 2018
- Rebased from scratch from the latest CAF branch for this chipset
- Updated up to the latest upstream tag 4.4.112
- Includes all the popular features, including Wireguard
The developer hosts the download files on his own servers.
To install, just flash the zip as you normally would in recovery mode. The Franco Kernel Updater app also includes an "auto-flash" tool, which may be a more convenient option.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.